Know yourself and stay true to who you are.
This is a hard rule to follow!
From the moment the egg and sperm that will become us meet, we receive input from the earth plane. Much of it is confusing and contradictory, and it’s difficult to separate “us” from the world’s idea of “us.” As a result we get confused, and by the time we’re teenagers we’re often so separated from who we really are that many of us never find the way back.
But there is a way back and if you’re brave enough to take that journey you may find that true happiness and fulfillment comes from re-discovering who you are on very deep levels and living in a way that is totally in sync. wiht that identity.
So how do you do it? In a word…
- Dedication to starting the journey back to self.
- Dedication to keeping going when you’re tired and hungry and lonely.
- Dedication to paying attention and really, deeply listening.
- Dedication to shutting out the voices of the world and ignoring it’s glitter and glamour.
- Dedication to acting on guidance from our inner voice, even if it seems absolutely crazy.
- Dedication to being alone and sometimes incredibly lonely.
- Dedication to throwing out everything you think you know and being open to things that may seem terrifying and even life threatening.
- Dedication to questioning yourself over and over and letting go of those parts that you thought were truly you but that turned out weren’t.
- Dedication to a never ending journey.
Knowing yourself takes a lifetime and you’re never going to get it done. But that’s the cool thing about it because as you may have heard, it’s the journey, not the destination that makes life worth living. It’s the adventures we have, the people we meet, the things we do, the places we go and all the experiences of life that create happiness and fulfillment. It’s telling those stories around the campfire while realizing that you’re not done, but only pausing in the never-ending story of YOU!
Every moment of every day you have the opportunity to stop, listen and choose. Take a moment right now to stop and listen to your inner voice. What is it saying? Do you hear gibberish or is its message clear? Can you hear it at all?
You will know that you’re hitting home when life begins to flow, you experience synchronicity, and your inner guidance becomes clearer and makes more sense. Your physical body will also become more energized and healthy, and you’ll be excited about life and ready to bound forward into new adventures.
Reflect carefully before doing anything, then choose your thoughts, words and actions based on your current understanding of who you are. Delight in the results, or despair in them. Whatever the outcome, take that experience to lead you into ever deeper knowing, so next time you can make a choice from that level and have another, different experience leading you to even greater insight and knowledge of your true self.
Know yourself. Stay true to who you are. Peace.