A Medium is someone who can communicate with people who are not on the physical plane. To quote The Sixth Sense, they “talk to dead people.”
People seek the services of a medium to contact loved ones who have passed on, and can receive messages of love and support, answers to questions and other information. This can be very comforting and extremely helpful in dealing with grief.
Here are some things to remember when seeking the services of a medium:
- Mediums communicate in different ways. Many receive internal messages and sensations which they pass along to you. Some go into a trance, allowing the departed to speak through them. Some may also communicate through automatic writing, flame readings, drawing and art, physical mediumship and seances though these things aren’t as common. When I do mediumship work it is usually through a meditative trance, in which messages come through and I relay them to the client verbally.
- Some messages are very direct and others are symbolic. There are times names, dates and specific information comes through loud and clear. Often however the messages are more symbolic and subtle and require interpretation. This is because communication happens differently on the other side, and the longer someone is over there the harder it can be to communicate clearly to the earth plane.
- There is no guarantee a specific person will be reached. You can go in asking to talk to Uncle Jim but he may be busy or simply not want to communicate at the moment. Others who have messages for you may communicate instead, and in rare cases no one may communicate. It’s important in a mediumship reading to keep an open mind and be willing to receive messages no matter who they come from.
- Often people cannot communicate right after they’ve passed on. There is a period of time right after someone passes that they are adjusting to life on the other side and to communicate to us here on earth is confusing and more than they can handle at the moment. In these cases someone else often comes through to let you know that they can’t communicate yet, but to try later.
- There are all different personality types and moods on the other side. Not everyone is all love and light and not everyone is happy. If someone was a crank on earth they may very well be a crank over there too.
- The other side isn’t a static place where everlasting bliss is the order of the day. There’s a lot going on there and sometimes people are busy, so don’t be surprised if they don’t have a lot of time to chat. Usually they’re very accommodating and offer reassurance and communication, but they can be impatient and want to get back to their work.